Connecticut Food Association is working diligently to support the Connecticut grocery retail industry throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We are actively monitoring local, state and federal government resources for new information relevant to our retailers, suppliers, members and the general public. The links below are meant to provide you with the latest information and resources surrounding the COVID-19 crisis. We will continue to update this page as more information surfaces so please check back often.
We welcome your questions, thoughts and/or suggestions during this time. Please email [email protected].
State of Connecticut Resources
- CT Official State Website: Coronavirus Updates
- Use of face masks or cloth coverings: The order requires the use of cloth face coverings or higher level of protection in public wherever close contact is unavoidable
- Safe workplace rules for essential employees: Includes a list of rules and guidelines to keep your team members safe.
- Suspension of tax on single-use checkout bags: The order temporarily suspends certain state statutes in order to suspend any tax on single-use plastic checkout bags at grocery stores and other retail businesses.
- Employers prohibited from requiring employees to place items in customers’ reusable bags: The order prohibits employers of any grocery store or retail business from requiring their employees to bag items into a customer-provided reusable bag. Customers are still permitted to use reusable bags, but they may need to bag their own items.
- FDA Guidance: Policy for Coronavirus Disease-2019 Tests
- Fact Sheet: Antibody Test Oversight & Use for COVID-19
- FAQ on Testing
- Retail Food Protection: Employee Health and Personal Hygiene Handbook
- FDA Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Safe Food Handling Recommendations
- Answers to Top Questions
- Food Industry Recommended Protocols When Employee/Visitor/Customer Tests Positive for COVID-19
- EEOC Provides Guidance on What Actions Employers May Take to Address the Impact of COVID-19
- How to Deal with Sick Employees According to EEOC
- Safe Store Guidelines: Best Practices for Protecting Employees and Customers during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Projections: Institute for Health Metrics & Evaluation
- Animal Protein FAQs
- Editorial: Grocery Shopping in the Age of Coronavirus
- Video: 10 Tips for Grocery Shopping During a Pandemic
- Public Safety Measures in Grocery Stores
- Guidance for Selling Produce and Packaged Foods for Curbside Pickup
- How to Protect Yourself From Coronavirus When Grocery Shopping
- How to Get Your COVID-19 Relief Check